It is interesting Sunday afternoon, I’m sitting her just getting over a cold while searching for contracts and something hit me, “What is the going rate for a Social Media Consultant”?
Sorry everyone for the recent posts on courses, sales posts and these business inquiry posts. Like I said before I’m rebuilding my business and would really appreciate your help. Starting on Monday I will be doing more educational posts, just need your help to figure some things out. It’s better to work with a team vs. alone 🙂
Interesting question because there are so many factors to consider like:
- My cost to be a Social Media Consultant
- Managing my rate so that it covers my business and personal expenses.
- Not charging to much so people don’t want to work with me
- Not charging to little that people don’t respect the value.
I did a post early called “The Truth about Business” where in the post I talked about how to figure out your rates by breaking down your monthly expenses.
I figured out my rate would be $100 per hour which after doing some market research I see there is a sliding scale for Social Media Consultants. The low end is $25 per hour and the high end is $500 per hour what I have seen so far.
The other factor Social Media Consultants have added is a on going maintenance fee to manage their clients Social Networks and help them grow their following. Which the rates I’ve seen are as low as $50 per month up to $5,000 per month which I am sure that’s for larger Corporations.
It’s interesting to see how these rates fluctuate but the service are still pretty much the same which is
- Design, implement and maintain
- Content creation and distribution
- Community relations
- Customer Service
- Crowd Sourcing
- It’s the first
- It’s the best
- or has the WOW factor
- or a combination of any of the 3
If you have ever been cheated on you know the response you receive.
- Women suck!
- I will never get into a committed relationship again
- I will never trust another women again
There is no difference when people work with a bad Social Media consultant.
Here is my question to you readers
- What has your experience been with Social Media Marketing consultants?
- Have you had a bad experience?
- What have you or would you pay to have a REAL consultant work with you and your company?
Love & Chi
Don’t forget to follow Brandon below
Google+ : http://www.gplus.to/Brandonkrieger
Hey!! Did you ever figure out a good pricing structure.. i’m in the same boat right now…. HARDEST PART!
The best pricing structure is to figure out what your floor is for all your expenses. Then figure out how much you want to work per week, per day and understand your hourly rate from there. If you have a question and want more details send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org