In todays discussion we talk about Ransomware which is a very important threat for people to be aware about. This is effecting businesses as well as people personally.
1) What is Ransomware
a type of malicious software designed to block access to a computer system until a sum of money is paid.
“although ransomware is usually aimed at individuals, it’s only a matter of time before business is targeted as well”
2) How does it work
Generally, the cybercriminal creates a code specifically designed to take control of a computer and hijack files. The files are encrypted so the victim loses access to them. Once executed in the system, the ransomware can either (1) lock the computer screen or (2) encrypt predetermined files.
Amounts are between $200 to $5,000 paid through Bit coin
3) How is it effecting people
-number of people compromised to date
– how much money has been spent
$325 Million in 2015
$500 Billion dollars Load insurance
– future potential of compromises
4) What have other people been saying
– This has been effecting
5) What should people be doing
– Don’t click on Links you don’t know about
– Make sure you scan all documents
– Back up all your data on external back up units.
6) How can they get help “Call To Action”
Arrogant ransomware author’s plans foiled by creator of the ransomware’s source code
KNSS Consulting Group Inc.
Don’t forget to follow Brandon below
Google+ : http://gplus.to/brandonkrieger